- EQAO Exemptions/Accommodations – please complete the chart and return this to Kathleen, Nancy and myself (as per Kathleen’s email). Thanks to those who have done this already.
2. Fair Start Kits – will be picked up on Tuesday by Early Years Inquiry Participants.
3. EDI Training – this will take place on Friday, February 20. Please ensure that the teacher has downloaded the video (in my email) prior to this event so that we have no technical difficulties that morning. We have to get through our agenda on time so that the teachers can have the remainder of the day to complete the EDI survey. All of the information for this day (dial in, adobe link, agenda) is in the email that I sent to you a while back.
4. Kindergarten Program Celebrations – just a reminder to share those wonderful photos with your local community! Try for each week please!
5. Registration – just a reminder to ensure that you have the Before and After School Care Survey done as part of your registration package, as well as the Aboriginal Self-Identification.
6. Learning Fairs – Please remind your teachers about the Inquiry Learning Fair date. I will be sending out materials soon to aid in preparing for this sharing. All Inquiry release days must be completed by May 8; after that there will be no additional release time granted. Please ensure that you do not exhaust your allocated number of release days. Remember, the object of this Learning Fair is to share the learning that has taken place. Sometimes we inadvertently digress and share a program or the structure of our learning. While this is valuable, our district is focused on identifying the learning that is happening.
7. Upcoming Dates
February 17 – Early Years Inquiry at GOPS
February 18 – Primary Math Hub Day
Friday, February 20 – EDI Training/Completion beginning at 9:00 (Be sure to download video pls)
February 20 – EQAO Student Data Files due (EQAO website)
February 23 – Long Range Plans Due to Principal for T2.
February 25 – Pink Shirt Day (Bully Awareness)
February 26 – Junior Math Hub CHANGED TO FEBRUARY 24
February 27 – Student Led Conferencing Completed (please keep your attendance data for access later).
Friday, February 27 – February Thursday AM Catch Up date from 9:15-11:15
Friday, February 27 – Transition to Kindergarten Plans due to Nicki, (send special needs to Nancy and Kathleen as well)
Friday, February 27 – Kindergarten Registration done (just the formal signing) however this is a guideline only – we want to encourage as many parents as possible.
Monday, March 2 – Principal Early Years Learning Session – Self-Regulation, Purposeful Play (through the lens of geometry and spatial sense), has been booked for at GOPS 9:30-3:30. Heather Exley and Anne Marie McMahon-Dupuis will also join us that day!
Friday, March 13 – LLT “Google Slide” submission completed on the Google Slide
Wednesday, March 25 – March Thursday AM Catch Up Date from 1:00-3:00.