WELCOME BACK! Am hoping that everyone had a great break! Only 13 weeks remain in this learning year…how have you narrowed your goals? How will you know that you have accomplished them?
Remember this from last year?
KNOW THY IMPACT:
- OBSERVE student thinking and student work.
- DESCRIBE and ANALYZE – What is the student work telling us about how we are doing?
- What do we need to be able to understand about students and their thinking to be able to help them?
1. Nicki’s schedule Mon- MTPS visit, Tues – MNPS District Support, Wed – GOPS, Thurs – SNB Hub Session, Fri – GOPS
2. Thanks to Chris for sharing resources around Growth Mindset on the Growth Mindset page. Have a look! Several new ones have also been added.
3. April PD Day – There will be time on this day for you to engage in School Learning Plan work. This will be planned by each school as everyone is at their own place in this journey. Some suggestions might be to revisit your success criteria to enhance it according to your new learning, to dig deeply into new resources (the Spring LNS Packages are in my office at GOPS), to engage in a self-assessment (if you didn’t have a district support visit this year) in order to determine areas requiring additional support, etc. Each school will be asked to post their agenda on the D2L site by Friday, April 17.
4. Stay tuned for the dates for our next TTFM survey!
5. A reminder that there are resources for engaging parents in math on the D2L under the Numeracy page. Thanks to the SEF team for populating this work.
6. LLT slides – be sure to have posted your slides to the Google Doc. You may want to revisit the site to ensure that your slides have not lost their formatting!!
7. It is time to begin thinking about the Learning Fairs. I will be sending out materials for them in the next couple of weeks.
8. LTO Interviews – we are having troubles scheduling dates for these interviews. Would anyone be willing to help us out on a Saturday in June (perhaps the 27th?) We need one elementary principal from each region…please let me know asap.
Monday, March 23 – Staffing Reports Due to NMC
Tuesday, March 24 – 7-10 Math (Geraldton Hub)
Wednesday, March 25 – 7-10 (Marathon/Manitouwadge)
Friday, March 27 – 7-10 (NRRDHS and LSHS Hub)
Friday, March 27 – GSN released
Tuesday, March 31 and Wed, April 1 – SIM session
Tuesday, March 31 – Director’s Update at 3:30
Friday, April 3 and Monday, April 6 – Happy Easter
Wednesday, April 8 and Thursday, April 9 – ADM Jim Grieve visit to GOPS and MTPS