1. Nicki’s schedule Mon- Terrace Bay Visit, Tue and Wed – SIM, Thurs – SWST and Meeting in Thunder Bay
2. April PD Day – There will be time on this day for you to engage in School Learning Plan work. This will be planned by each school as everyone is at their own place in this journey. Some suggestions might be to revisit your success criteria to enhance it according to your new learning, to dig deeply into new resources (the Spring LNS Packages are in my office at GOPS), to engage in a self-assessment (if you didn’t have a district support visit this year) in order to determine areas requiring additional support, etc. Each school will be asked to post their agenda on the D2L site by Friday, April 17.
3. A huge thanks to Kellie, Will and Angela for their willingness to be part of the LTO interview team in June. It is appreciated very much!
4. Stay tuned for the dates for our next TTFM survey! The survey will be open from mid April until mid June. What is your implementation plan? (How might the completion of this survey be optimized in your school? How are you communicating the importance and use of the survey results to students and families?)
5. Before and After School Survey Results – Now that most new year one Kindergarten students have registered, please send me the summarized results of your Before and After School Survey. I need to know how many children may required Before and After School Care.
6. EQAO window – Please remember that our SGDSB window is the first week of June (unless there are exceptional circumstances we can consider the final week in May).
7. LLT #2 – April 10 – please send Lisa Zeleny (firstname.lastname@example.org) the names of your participants by Thursday, April 2. Be sure to include dietary allergies in your email.
8. It is time to begin thinking about the Learning Fairs. I will be sending out materials for them in the next couple of weeks.
9. Thank you to everyone who has been sending photos and articles to their local newspapers. These articles are being spoken about in your communities. Nice work!
10. POPs – please contact me/your critical friends if I/we can support you in preparing to share your learning this year from your POP. We know that sometimes it helps to talk about your learning with others as you begin to think about the how to clearly identify the specific learning and how to share it.
11. If you require additional release days (beyond your inquiries) to engage in gap closing planning for students (keeping our conversations in mind from our last teleconference) please contact me. These are important conversations as we push the learning for the final months of the school year. What gaps exist for student? How can we close these gaps in a targeted manner? What resources and support do we need?
Monday, March 30 – Board Meeting
Tuesday, March 31 and Wed, April 1 – SIM session
Tuesday, March 31 – Director’s Update at 3:30
Friday, April 3 and Monday, April 6 – Happy Easter
Wednesday, April 8 and Thursday, April 9 – ADM Jim Grieve visit to GOPS and MTPS
Friday, April 10 – LLT #2 9:30-3:00
Monday, April 13-Friday, April 17 – EVERYBODY MATTERS WEEK
Monday, April 13 – 3:30 Operational Teleconference Meeting
Monday, April 13 – Board Policy Review Meeting
Tuesday, April 14 – EY Inquiry #2 at GOPS (all early years educators)
Wednesday, April 15 – Primary Math Inquiry – GOPS
Wednesday, APril 15 – Parent Engagement Meeting (please remind your School Councils!)
Thursday, April 16 – NeuroDiversity Day – Let’s Celebrate!!
Friday, April 17 – Thurday AM Catch Up meeting at 9:15 (to 11:15)
Friday, April 17 – Agendas for PD Day due to D2L site