DAILY FOCUS QUESTIONS for LEADERS
What did you learn today?
Whom did you nurture today?
What difficult issue did you confront today?
What is your most important challenge right now?
What did you do today to make progress on your most important challenge?
(taken from Douglas Reeves, The Learning Leader)
(consider posting these questions as reflection tools for the end of each day!)
HAPPY EDUCATION WEEK! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO TO MAKE LEARNING AND WELL-BEING A PRIORITY IN YOUR SCHOOLS!
1. . Nicki’s schedule Mon – GOPS, Tues – SNB Math session, Wed – Pedagogical Leadership K-3, Thurs – Pedagogical Leadership K-3, Fri – GOPS OAME webinar
2. Thursday AM Teleconference – will not take place this week as we will meet on Wednesday at 8:00 am.
3. Report Card Set Up – We will use the same/similar process that we used in Term One.Please note the following Dates:
Monday, May 11 –Class Organization Templates due to Raj
May 11-15 – Raj to complete set up
May 15-20 – Teachers verify classes (Cathy spoke to us about the necessity of verifying in detail!)
May 20-22 – Raj does any fixes
May 25 – RC Window opens for data input
Please remind our teachers that they must go in and ensure that the classes are set up during the May 15-20 window – that they need to go into each class. Contact me if you have questions!
4. Education Week – Be sure to add your Education Week Celebration activities to the Google Doc that Dave sent out on Friday. Be sure to also send photos/captions to our local newspapers. I continue hear comments throughout our district that reflect that people are reading and interested in the items that you are sharing with the local papers.
5. Thursday AM Catch Up Teleconference – As Will and I will be in negotiations on Thursday, May 28, we need to find another date to engage in the Catch Up Teleconference. I am proposing June 4 from 1:00-3:00. Please try to make this date work, however if it won’t, be sure to advise me asap. Thanks everyone! We want to ensure that we finish the School Sharing Presentations before the end of the year and there are 4 left. This would be our final Thursday Morning Teleconference of the year.
May 4-8 – Education Week – Celebrating Achieving Excellence: Moving Forward in Math
May 4 – Special Board Meeting
May 5 – Staff Appreciation Day
May 8 -OAME WebConference (as per Kathleen’s sharing)
May 9 – all PLC/Inquiry Release Time completed (unless you have spoken with me)
May 11 – Inquiry Learning Fair Abstracts Due to the Google Doc (emailed to you on April 25)
May 13 – Primary Math Inquiry
May 14 – Junior Math Inquiry
May 14 (evening) and May 15 – Supporting Math Conference (Marion Small)
May 18 – Victoria Day Holiday
May 25 – Leaders Learning Fair (principals and Vice principals)
May 26 – Inquiry Learning Fair
May 26 – Director’s Update
June 1-5 – SGDSB EQAO Window – No PD to take place this week
Reminders – TTFM coming soon,
June 29 and 30 – Leaders Meetings – Victoria Park – Thunder Bay