Focus: Student Achievement
Thursday Morning Teleconference: 7:50 am – 8:30 am (1-888-289-4573 3831144#)
Please let me know in advance if you are not able to attend so that alternate arrangements can be made.
- Barb Draper: Memorandum of Understanding Update
- Nancy/Dave Items
- Daniel/Suzanne/Kathleen Items
- Special Education – Kathleen
- Home Schooling Reminders
- EQAO Predictions: Sharing of Responsive Actions: Sara this week
- School Learning Plan Evidence – Sharing from Debbie this week
School Improvement Learning – Making Our SLP Learning Evident through Student Work
(This cycle will begin the week of February 19)
1. Each principal will be asked to document the growth in learning of one Marker Student (remember to remove the student’s name from all work), according to the criteria in your SLP.
2. The principal will:
a. Briefly share their Theory of Action (it will have been revised by now – narrower focus) and the success criteria for this If, Then statement (sharing the criteria for BOTH the IF and the THEN as this tells us the learning of the adults and the impact on the student).
b. Share the student work in terms of the growth of the criteria: this work should show growth in learning over time as the work of the staff becomes more specific. There should be at least 3 artifacts (conversations, demonstration, products) that show the marker student’s growth in the area of the criteria. Make the criteria come alive – share the degree of effectiveness with us.
c. Throughout the presentation, demonstrate how you have used the 3 Stage Model for Monitoring Evidence (see this document under the School Learning Plan page of this blog site) to triangulate the growth of the student.
e. This work will be posted to the D2L t to the team by the Monday prior to the teleconference for each member of the team to review prior to the teleconference.
Order for Sharing: NAPS, GOPS, RRPS, TBPS/SPS, MMPS, BEPS, BAPS, MTPS, MNPS, DPS (please switch your week with another principal if this schedule does not work for you!)